Monday, December 09, 2002

vigil for peace in hollywood next saturday

we got an email from a friend of ours....

On Oct. 26th I was proud to join 42,000 other concerned Americans in San Francisco to protest the potential war with Iraq currently being pursued by the Bush administration. Another 100,00 protested in Washington DC the same day as well as hundreds of thousands of others across America and around the world. It was the largest protest in this nations history eclipsing even the demonstrations which finally helped bring an end to the war in Vietnam (if you're old enough to remember that one).

I had never done anything like that before and, frankly, wasn't sure weather I was alone in my feelings or not. But the more I researched he issue on the internet, the more outraged I became at the blatant, criminal arrogance with which the issue was being foisted upon America. Happily I discovered that indeed MANY mainstream looking citizens not only shared my thoughts but felt strongly enough to speak out publicly about it.

Not to get into the details of the hundreds of pages I've read on the subject so far, I wanted to make sure you were aware of an upcoming local event you may like to participate in if you feel that war with Iraq is illegal and/or immoral, as I do.

On Saturday, Dec. 14th at 7:00 PM there will be a Vigil For Peace in Hollywood at Hollywood and Highland. Make a sign, bring a candle or do whatever you think is appropriate to show your opposition to the warmongers in Washington.

Call your local media to be sure they're aware of it. Now I fully realize you may disagree with me entirely on this issue. But at least we still have the right to dissent in this country (at least until the Homeland Security Act kicks in). You can verify this info at http://www.answerla.org/

Hope to see you there,

etc. etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home